Isle of Man gambling regulator
Isle of Man gambling regulator
The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission was established to protect the interests of gamblers by ensuring that gambling remains fair and crime-free and that players receive their winnings. It also regulates all online gambling activities, land-based gambling operations and licensing that takes place in the Irish Sea location. The Isle of Man gambling regulator is a true mark of quality for an online casino, which makes it highly desired among operators. The Online Gambling Regulation Act 2001 was the first main document issued to regulate online gambling by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Committee with it aiming to protect players and support online casino operators.
Some of the top Isle of Man approved casinos include:
Top IOM gambling sites
Casinos licensed by the Isle of Man
Casinos licensed by the Isle of Man gambling regulator include:
- 888 Casino (888 Casino review)
- William Hill (William Hill Casino review)
- Dunder (Dunder Casino review)
These online Casinos have a solid portfolio of games. So, you will find online slots, table games and live casino games. The games are by the top software providers in the industry, such as Thunderkick, NetEnt, Microgaming and Betsoft.
Every casino software has to be inspected to certify its reliability and fairness. However, the testing must be done by any of the thirteen Isle of Man Gambling regulator-approved testing institutes.
The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission requires that online gambling companies apply for an Online Gambling Regulation Act (OGRA) license if they desire to operate any form of gambling services.
Banking methods accepted at Isle of Man gambling websites
Real money online casinos are linked to many banks that allow online gambling. This way, they ensure that your transactions go safely from the operator to your bank account.
What does the Isle of Man gambling regulator do?
The Isle of Man gambling regulator offers the following services;
- Player protection – The Isle of Man gambling regulator ensures that gambling is conducted honestly and fairly, remains free from criminal influence and exploitation and does not cause harm to the public interest. It ensures that all deposits and withdrawals from licensed casinos are secure and can be enforced by law.
- Fund Protection – The Isle of Man gambling regulator ensures that any deposits or winnings you have with a casino licensed by the Isle of Man are firm, secure and can be enforced by law.
- Anti-money laundering – The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission is the regulator that supervises the Isle of Man gambling sector’s compliance with anti-money laundering.
- Licensing and regulation of the gaming operators – The Isle of Man gambling regulator ensures that gambling is conducted fairly and openly.
- Monitoring – Isle of Man gambling regulator constantly monitors the activities of the licensed casinos to ensure compliance with the law and principles of fair gaming.
- Testing Companies – The Isle of Man gambling regulator approves independent testing facilities to ensure the randomness of results of all casino games. Companies trying to obtain licenses from the Isle of Man gambling regulator have to test their software systems with one of the companies approved by the Commission.
Are Isle of Man casinos safe?
The Isle of Man is a safe place to set up a casino. It can provide a licensed and legitimate home for your business and a financially rewarding base with a 0% standard corporate income tax rate. The Isle of Man Gambling regulator is a reputable licensing body and sits comfortably among the most trusted jurisdictions in world gambling.
Casinos holding a license from this jurisdiction must be very thorough and behave ethically towards their players. In the long run, playing with an online casino with an Isle of Man Gaming License is a safe option and sits alongside the UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority as highly respected international gambling regulators.