Online roulette in 2019
Online roulette in 2019
Online roulette is readily available at the best casino sites right around the globe in both RNG format and live dealer. Below you will find the best global online roulette sites for real money play in 2019. Playing roulette online does not differ much from playing at land-based casinos, with all of the online roulette casinos we promote on this website boasting world-class licensing and regulation. Read on to find out more about playing roulette online, or sign up at one of our recommended online roulette casinos:
Best real money online roulette sites
Playing roulette online offers a great alternative to heading out to play at your closest land based casino. The table above displays our top recommended sites for players worldwide to play real money roulette on the Internet. All of these sites offer the latest in casino software and gaming technology, are licensed by reputable gambling jurisdictions, process safe deposits, and are accessible via your computer, mobile or tablet device.
Best online roulette sites in 2019
We only recommend the best online casinos with roulette that have undergone our stringent and thorough testing. Sign up for an account with any of our endorsed casinos and you can rest assured that you’re playing at a safe and reputable venue that has passed all the tests when it comes to security, game variety, software reliability and deposit options.
Roulette is one of the most popular casino games on the Web, and the best sites always offer a wide variety of titles and ways to play the iconic little wheel, so there’s no need to waste your time and money playing at a casino that offers anything less than the best.
Our top online casinos are safe and secure thanks to a minimum of 128-Bit Secure Socket Layer encryption technology and approval and licensing by eCOGRA (eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance), the recognised gambling industry watchdog. These venues offer online roulette games for instant-play directly over your Web browser, or by downloading exclusive casino software.
As technology advances and more people upgrade to the latest smartphones and tablets, the demand for mobile real money roulette games has grown, and the best online casinos have been more than happy to keep up with rapidly expanding technology.
Online roulette players will be happy to know our best casinos each offer mobile games, with fully-fledged mobile casinos accessible directly through your mobile Web browser and some even have apps. The selection of mobile roulette games isn’t as elaborate as what you’ll find at the full desktop casino, but each mobile site offers a couple of the most popular variants.
Instant-play means roulette games can be accessed on the go without requiring any additional downloads. The main perk of browser-play is it doesn’t matter what device make or model you are playing on, as long as you have the relevant Flash or HTML5 software installed on your smartphone or tablet you can play mobile roulette games on iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Windows Phones, and other Android powered devices.
For those who prefer to play using a native casino app, several of our top-recommended online casino sites offer premium roulette casino apps and mobile optimised sites you can visit by tapping the buttons below on your device.
How to play roulette on the Web
To play online roulette for real money, first sign up for an account with one of our recommended casinos and make a deposit using a trusted payment method. Make sure to take advantage of any of the awesome welcome packages that are available to new players.
If you’re completely new to roulette, find out whether roulette is suitable for beginners. Otherwise dive head-first into one of our top online casinos where you will find three main types of roulette available, which are:
Online roulette, including no download roulette, is played exactly the same as its traditional live casino counterpart, with the added comfort and convenience of being able to play from home or on the go. Just like playing in real life, online roulette uses the iconic little wheel, a ball and a betting table with a 37 or 38 number betting layout. The aim of the game is to place a wager on where you think the ball might land, with inside and outside bets available, each wager carrying different odds and payouts.
In European roulette, 37 slots are on the roulette wheel, including one green zero and 36 red and black numbers. The American roulette version has 38 numbered slots because it has two zeros instead of one, which increases the house edge and makes it less preferable for players. The casino advantage for a single zero roulette table stands at 2.7%, whereas with a double zero roulette table, the casino advantage is 5.26%.
Whichever version you choose to play, bets are made by placing chips on the betting table on the number and colour you wish to wager on. Once your bet is in place, click the ‘spin’ or ‘play’ button and the computerised croupier will spin the wheel until it stops on a lucky number. If your bet is successful, your online account will automatically be credited with your winnings and you’ll be given the option of playing again or leaving the game. If your bet is unsuccessful, you lose your wager and then have the option of placing the same bet again, placing an entirely new bet or leaving the game.
Online roulette varieties
One of the major highlights of playing real money roulette at an online casino is the level of game variety – no longer are you limited to the single version that a land based casino chooses to offer. Along with the classic American and European roulette variations, you’ll also find such innovative online roulette games as:
- European Gold / Premier Roulette: Gold/Premier roulette takes advantage of advanced software to produce immersive graphics and ambient sounds to simulate an authentic roulette gaming experience.
- French Roulette: This is another popular roulette game found in online casinos, implementing the la partage and en prison rules to provide more ways to win, making it favourable to players.
- Live Dealer Roulette: Games of live roulette run by real dealers with real equipment, broadcast to players via a high-quality video stream in real time. Using a computer simulated table, players place bets in the same manner as a land based game and the human croupier spins the wheel, calls bets and announces the winners before our very eyes.
- Multi-Wheel Roulette: This is one for the multi-taskers, allowing players to spin up to eight wheels simultaneously for additional wagers and potentially bigger wins.
- Multi-Player Roulette: Several variants such as European Gold roulette allow players to play and chat with others, courtesy of a live chat box. If you love the social aspect of a live roulette atmosphere, this games for you.
- Spingo: A unique combination of roulette and bingo, Spingo is great for beginners or seasoned roulette players wanting to try something different. Spingo’s board and wheel loosely resemble a standard roulette game, but the betting layout is simplified with fewer wagers to choose from.
Roulette live dealer gameplay
If you want to experience the convenience of online play but don’t want to miss the social, real time suspense of playing at a land based casino, you’ll be pleased to know there are games offered on the Web which replicate the real roulette experience. Live Dealer roulette is a hugely popular roulette variant offered at all of our recommended online casinos, which does away with Random Number Generator (RNG) game-play.
Instead, real human croupiers handle the game with a real roulette wheel, ball and betting table, with gameplay streamed to us live via a high-quality video feed on our computer screens. Players who feel computer-simulated roulette games (RNG) are a bit dry will definitely enjoy live dealer roulette and the extra immersion it provides; the only part of the game still computer-simulated is the virtual chips and table with which we place our bets.
The unique game-play offered by live dealer roulette software not only brings back the live atmosphere, but can provide some extra peace-of-mind for players who aren’t entirely comfortable with playing RNG roulette. All of the action is handled in real time by the real dealer who is professional trained and well presented. Microgaming also offers the choice of playing with female dealers dressed as Playboy Bunnies for added eye-candy.
Roulette bet types
The bets a player may make in online roulette can be divided between inside and outside bets, based on where they appear on the roulette table layout.
- Straight Bet: A bet on a single number, which pays 35-1 if that number wins on the next spin.
- Split: This bet covers two numbers that are adjacent to each other on the layout. If either number wins, the bet pays 17-1.
- Street: A bet on a row of three numbers. If any of the three numbers win, the bet pays 11-1.
- Corner: A bet on a square of four numbers. If any of the four numbers win, the bet pays 8-1.
- Six Line: A bet on two adjacent rows of three numbers each. If any of the six numbers win, the bet pays 5-1.
- Odd/Even: This bet covers all odd or even numbers on the wheel. If an appropriate number wins, the bet pays even money.
- 1-18/19-36: This bet covers all numbers in the specified range. If the bet wins, it pays even money.
- Dozens: This bet covers a group of 12 numbers (1-12, 13-24, or 25-36). If any number in that range wins, the bet pays 2-1.
- Columns: This bet covers a full column of 12 numbers. If any number in that column wins, the bet pays 2-1.
- Red/Black: This bet covers all pockets of the appropriate colour. If a number of that colour wins, the bet pays even money.
Everyone has a strategy in roulette, whether it be lucky numbers, betting on a certain colour or using one of the many roulette betting systems out there. While these methods are not going to decrease the house edge that the roulette table has, the right tactics when playing roulette can help your bankroll stretch longer and you play to your optimum ability.
One thing we strongly recommend when playing online roulette is to set yourself a limit of how much you can lose in the session. Stick to this limit and avoid putting any more money down if you are on a losing streak.
Always be aware of the rules that apply to your roulette game, and always look for European tables, because they have the best odds out of all the various types. If you’re going to employ a roulette system as your strategy, make sure you understand the pitfalls of it. For instance if you’re using the Martingale system in roulette and you go on a losing streak, you can’t keep doubling your bet because there will be a table limit. Just do your homework before employing roulette systems as a sure fire way to make money.
Casino banking and security
Playing real money roulette at any of our recommended online casinos is perfectly safe and legal. The venues we endorse are fully licensed and regulated by industry watchdogs such as eCOGRA to assure fair and safe gambling, and they support plenty of reputable banking services for players to deposit and withdraw money to their accounts securely and without stress.
Options range from credit, debit and pre-paid cards (MasterCard, Maestro, Visa), cheques and direct bank wire transfers, digital E-Wallets (Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz), e-Vouchers (Paysafecard, Ukash) and unique payment services (EcoPayz). All our recommended casinos use the same digital encryption technology (128-bit Secure Socket Layer) used by banks and other financial institutions to ensure that all financial transactions are 100% secured.
More roulette guides:
For more tips and helpful guides to playing online roulette, see also:
Where can I play online roulette in my country?
The best site for players from United States to play real money online roulette is our #1 recommended site, Raging Bull Casino. Sign up to receive a roulette sign up bonus on us, spread out over your first deposits and play tons of high-quality online roulette variants, including European and French tables.